Guy's Cliffe is a hamlet on the River Avon it has been occupied since the Saxon times and it gets its name from Guy Warwick (a legendary English hero of romance). this legend led to the founding of a chantry which was established in 1423 as the chapel of St Mary Magdelene. The current ruined house dates from 1751, on the estate there was also a mill, stables, kitchen garden and many acres of land. After the 1900's the house was used as a hospital during WW1 and a school for evacuated children in WW2. The estate was broken up and sold in 1947. The Mill became a pub and restaurant , the stables became a riding school and the kitchen garden garden a nursery, which still exist today.
Underground chambers have been reported as being particularly active , the intensity of this place have left people feeling terrified. Lights have also been seen in the basement parlour. Heavy footsteps and dragging noises are frequently heard above the chapel and the pre chamber to guys cave has been a hot spot for poltergiest activity. After the nearby execution of King Edward 2nd's lover, Piers Gaveston, a phantom procession still walks near Guy's Cliffe house. Sightings of a woman who haunts the avenues and gardens have been witnessed then dissapearing by the pond, was this where she died?. Many times a black figure that could be known as 'evil' has been spotted and also affects the women who visit the location.
Snacks and drinks are provided throughout the night, also use of our equipment through the night. We have our own medium that will also be joing us for the night. Transport will be provided to and from the location.
Please can you select yourdtet he bttom the page
Date: 17th March/11th August.